We are looking for an experienced and passionate Health, Safety and Environment Officer who will identify and assess risks in the workplace or work processes and implement recommended measure to eliminate or contain them. The incumbent will also be responsible for preventing or reducing health and environmental risks, formulating environmental protection policies and procedures, and developing alternatives to enhance procedures of Logidis.
The incumbent will report to the Human Capital Manager.
- Prepare and/or update health, safety and environmental management plans, review them on a regular basis and keep them up to date at all times;
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures on HSE;
- Initiate, organize and conduct HSE training for employees, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders;
- Inspect work sites and the work of personnel on a regular basis to identify issues or non-conformity and enforce necessary actions where unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy are detected;
- Daily Management of incidents (including near misses) and compile statistical information present upper management on HSE matters;
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated;
- Any other cognate duties related to the position;
Qualifications & Experience
- A Diploma or Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or any equivalent qualification;
- Proven experience as Health, Safety and Environment Officer or similar role;
- Understanding of OSHA 2005 and regulations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude;
- Strong ethics and reliability;
- Team player;
How to Apply
Candidates should send their application letter, detailed CV and copies of reference letters to: The Human Capital Manager, IBL Complex 1, Industrial Zone, Riche Terre or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the best candidates will be called for an interview.